Upcycled T-shirt Yarn Center-pull Ball

how to roll yarn into a ball, how to roll a center pull ball of yarn, yarn ball, center pull yarn ball
Center-Pull Balls of Upcycled T-Shirt Yarn

 A quick and easy way to store and use your newly upcycled t-shirt yarn.


How to roll a Center-pull ball


Hold your thumb over the end of your t-shirt yarn and wrap around your fingers and thumb.

Once you wrap a few good times pull the t-shirt yarn off and begin wrapping in an X pattern on either side of the end piece.

Keep wrapping at angles turning the ball after a few wraps. (I like to wrap until it starts getting a pointy corner at the center of the X. When I turn the ball I put the center next to the last pointy corner to round my ball out.)

As the ball gets bigger it may cover your end piece. Just tug the end piece a little further out. 

 At the end of my ball I tuck the opposite end piece into one of the wraps. I can now use both ends for a project! If I drop my t-shirt yarn ball it will not unravel across the floor!

If you need T-shirt yarn to roll into a center pull ball you can read how to do it right here!

Creative Commons License
This work by Jennifer@theupcyclingnanny.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.theupcyclingnanny.com