Kids can upcycle too!


Kids can upcycle too!

empty paint cans, upcycled musical instrument
My youngest son with Upcycled paint-can drum
When my son had to come up with a recycled project for his music class he was thrilled. He ended up with a drum!






Sure he didn't have to do much but he did it all the same! When my sons music teacher asked them to use recycling to make a musical instrument he came home very excited. After announcing to his class that I was an expert upcycler because I was on the internet, he decided to make a drum. 






We found an old paint can and washed it out (my husband did that part). My son removed the lid. He said, "I have to get the right sound." He tried some different methods of making a new top for his drum like paper and I think he even put foil over it. I laughed. He decided on duct tape and began taping. 



He cut strips and criss-crossed them on the open top of the paint can until there were no more open spaces. He found two pencils and began drumming immediately. He was thrilled with his drum and couldn't wait for school the next morning. 


 Send me pictures and a description of your child's upcycling project to be featured right here!

Creative Commons License
This work by Jennifer@theupcyclingnanny.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.theupcyclingnanny.com.